Home School Life Journal

Home School Life Journal ........... painting by Katie Bergenholtz
"Let us strive to make each moment beautiful."
Saint Francis DeSales

May Day

Katie made little cone-shaped baskets...

 with a little help from her kitty, Lewis. Lewis said that it was hard work.
 She took the boys around to gather flowers...

 and they arranged the flowers in the little cone-shaped baskets...

 until they were satisfied.


 Katie the took the boys around the neighborhood, leaving the baskets on doors.


Happy May Day!


sunnydaytodaymama

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful flower baskets to welcome this beautiful month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lewis has a definite managerial air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing that as a kid and thinking it was so much fun. I think I might try and figure out how we can do that next year.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tradition :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Very cute! I remember doing this when I was growing up, but I have never talked about May Day with MY kids. Perhaps I should NEXT year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Phyllis! I use to do this as a child. It was such a fun tradition. Thanks for bringing back happy memories for me :)Tell your kids they look great and I know that they made many people smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely idea and the baskets look so pretty hanging on the doors. Thanks for pinning this on the All Year Round pinterest board. It would be lovely if you'd like to share it with the Spring Carnival linky too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this with the spring carnival. :) I featured your post here: http://sunnydaytodaymama.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/spring-carnival-is-nearly-over-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means so much.